Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your cars this week ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not FRS, but finally done something to my long term project after a long while
    installed sound deadening and floormat.
    Also put pedalbox in which i restored months ago
    Gotta get myself back in gear to finish this one 😂
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

• Decided to hook the battery up to the charger for it's 6 week top up and wondered why the garage smelt a bite, er, ripe, since the last time i was in there. Discovered that a mouse had chewed through one of my brake lines and obviously poisoned itself. Thankfully it didn't get inside the car before that happened.

Comment

• S1 RST
        S1 RST commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, that really ain't good news, you don't want rodents in a car storage, or anywhere else inside for that matter.

• Thorough interior clean , full clean with Williams waterless wash n wax , swapped a couple of rusty bolts , it's been a productive week 🦆🚙

Comment

• Had the front bumper painted on the daily whip
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Fitted the dipstick end from the group buy 😎 and finished plumbing up my oil cooler.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Looked at it on the drive a couple of times, thats about it!
            Have been speaking to a company about an underside resto though. Taking it in at the end of November for them to have a look to see whats involved and give me a price, then hopfully get that sorted over december/January.

Comment

• Started #3290 for the first time in two years.
              From last time it was started had full underside restoration, new turbo gtx30 gen2, peron manifold and downpipe, tail Mv-r external wastegate, new induction set up, alternator relocated to front of engine, oil separator, new oil pan, airbrushed rocker cover new gasket, full service, custom rad with overflow bottel and removed header tank, fitted climate control and trip computer, flocked dash, bulet alloy gear knob, custom carbon sterio facia and center concole, carbon door pillars and rear triangles and fitted dipstick handel from the group buy Think that's most of it
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice job with the filter location - seems nicely placed there and a bit higher up in the arch.

For mine this week - finally ordered a small roll of DEI reflective heatshield material to stick to the underside of the bonnet above the manifold. Should have done it years ago when the car was last being used as you can see where the paint has gone a bit funny and that's even with a ceramic coated manifold.

Also, finally, making plans / drawings with the intention of changing the layout of the front mount intercooler pipework. Something similar to Rick's above making it a bit more direct from the inlet manifold to the intercooler outlet.

Comment

• New Wheels same spec as WRC Focus just different pcd to fit our cars
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• S1 RST
                    S1 RST commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking brilliant

• macaneli
                    macaneli commented
                    Editing a comment
                    which modell is???

• Nemo
                    Nemo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And not magnesium I guess?

• Booked mine in for an underside resto to tidy it up a bit. scary stuff lol

Comment

• Took a start on my S1.s underside, that could do with a bit of a clean up, so took rear end apart today
                    this is how dirty it was
                    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• Cleaned with high pressure washer which took some paint off, but it needed some new white undrneath anyway 😎
                      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• I've fitted the K&N, replaced the boost solenoid. Completed an oil and filter change and tried to clean up the old oil and grime build up from the engine. Fitted Mongoose Cat back exhaust.

Looks like the owner before me just drove it, did very little maintenance and then just left it in the garage.

Once the spring comes i think ill then look at getting the front bumper/slam panel off with the radiators and give engine a good de grease and clean up and look at a general tidy up.

Comment

• Gave the interior a hoover / wipe over and whilst doing so found an old tax disc from 2010 wedged behind the ECU in the glovebox.

Back then 6 months of tax was only £134.75 - certainly gone up a fair bit since then.

Comment

• Clayton
                            Clayton commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good find Alex of your old tax discs

I can remember back in 2003 it was around £164.00 for a full years road tax IIRC.

• Car has not been used for >10 years. Planning to start it up, so today I changed the timing belt...

Yesterday I drained the fuel tank/lines and changed from Brembos to APs.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Very old FRS#3425 RSOC project thread

Comment

• Poynter87
                            Poynter87 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looks good, can I ask what power steering bottle that is as I'm looking for one to go with my alloy chargecooler reservoir.

• FRS#3425
                            FRS#3425 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks! Power steering bottle is from Pro Alloy...

• AlexRS2782
                            AlexRS2782 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nice to see another of the long termers back on the road :) I went through the same with mine back in 2019 after a similar amount of time off the road. Definitely worth it though, although bit annoying that CV came along and meant it was back in the garage :(
                        Working...
                        X