Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler cooler pump changed but still no waterjet

Goodmorning all,

After I saw on my ultragauge that the intake temp was going way to high, I ordered a new intercooler pump. Yesterday evening I installed the new. Before connecting I tested the old one en didn't turn over. At the plug I had +13.71Voltage so that's OK. Plugged in the new one and checked to the thing to see the water jet => and NO didn't see anything happen.

The top thing refilled with water to the max indicator. When I push on the hose one the right side of the intercooler box I see a water jet coming out. So that hole isn't blocked. after short testdrive temps did go sky high again => the system isn't working.

Does the system need to be bleeded after changing the pump? How do I do that?

Thx for advice.
    "Speed has never killed anyone.
    Suddenly becoming stationary that what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson

Looks like it's more an elektrical problem. Just tested the old pump directly to the car battery and then it works normally.... What is the position of the fuse and relay?
    Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Not sure on the position but I am pretty sure the owners manual will have the details, there is also a small diagram under the lid of the fusebox under the engine bay IIRC.

The second fusebox is located by dropping the glovebox down further from its standard open position (by pushing the lugs inwards) and its behind there.

Comment

You got it sorted Bjorn?? Any news?

Comment

Hi RaZeR, had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago. No jet in water tank so new pump fitted by local garage. Still no jet. Old pump tested directly on battery and working fine. They had to bleed the system with a vacuum pump which sorted everything. I now have a spare charge cooler pump as a back up.
          Hope you get it fixed.

Comment

I would say its air locked, mine was a real pain to bleed the air out, i used a vac bleeder in the end

Comment

So is the pump running with the car running?
              The pump doesn't work until the car is started.
              And iirc the fuse is in the engine bay fuse box.

Comment

When i changed mine i had no flow so just put a hose pipe in the top hose on the intercooler box next to the bottle and turned the hose on. Blew the flaming air lock out with water. Worked no problem.

Comment

Thx all for the advice. Tested the old pump directly to the car battery and worked fine. Indeed it was an air bubble that was the trouble maker with the new 1. I disconnected the tube where the water left the pump (hope you understand what I mean?) and the water flooded out the pump. Connected the tube again and refilled the reservoir. Started the car => Now I had an waterjet with now and then a little air. I let the engine run about 30 minutes. The air came little by little out of the system and added a little cooling water at a time. I didn't let the water reservoir drop below the minimum line.

Than took the frs for a test ride and checked on time the water level. If necessary refilled it, but the water level didn't drop much anymore. so I think all air is out and the intake temp stayed at normal level.

Now I have also a back-up pump laying around
                  Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Good to hear its sorted mate

Comment

I found this thread after much wasted time trying to bleed my new I/C pump,

As above, drop the pump outlet hose off and let the coolant gravity flow through the pump, then put the pipe back on, fire the car up and perfect jet!!

I let it idle for 10mins or so, topping up the reservoir as required. I will now let it cool and check the level. But this method worked a treat for me!

Comment

Working...
                      X