New member / owner no 1438

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member / owner no 1438

Hi new member here, recently purchased no 1438. Nice to find it was originally sold just down the road from me in Didcot.

Previously owned reg no LL03ZVR if any one knows anything that became of it? I had to sell it 8/9 years ago due to a change in circumstances so it's great to be back in one.

Stewart

Hello Stewart and welcome to the club 🏼

Comment

Welcome to the forum and club Stewart. Good to know the new owner of Focus RS 1438, would it be possible to know the date you purchased her to add the date (day/month/year) to the history of your car please.

I actually looked at 1438 years ago back in September 2010 with a friend, was local to Nottingham, very clean and had just 23,782 miles on the clock.

Onto your past car Stewart. Did see this car for sale on Autotrader on 1st August 2011 with 64,000 miles. Were you in connection with the RSOC when you owned it as I do have two previous owners' forum names from back then? I haven't seen the car for years.

Enjoy the forum Stewart and good to see you back in another Mk1. Hope you join us at the shows next year, especially the 20 Year Anniversary Meet!

Comment

Hello and welcome Stewart 👋. I'm only 30 minutes away from Didcot so not too far away.

Comment

Welcome back Stewart 🚙

Comment

Hello Stewart

to the club and forum!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, as mentioned happy to be sat back in a mk1. Have been fortunate to pretty much have had most RS's in the past most before the boom of the past few years.

Clayton, yes 1438 is very clean and tidy with low mileage so I'm very happy with it. I completed and picked the car up today after viewing last week. I had a look back and August 2011 was when I purchased LL03ZVR , have a photo from the day still!

​​

Comment

• Clayton
                Clayton commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Stewart for confirming the date you purchased 3015, an owner between the two owners I have listed for the car. ;-)

Welcome to the club, good to see a former owner back behind the wheel of a Focus RS Mk1

Comment

Hello and welcome back to FRS ownership

These are addictive little cars hey, loads of people having had one previous wanting another one, feeling sorry they sold theirs
                Also if Clayton says it's a nice and low mileage car it must be really good, would be nice to see some pics.
                Enjoy (many) happy and safe miles in it

cheeRS Chris
                never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

Welcome to the club. And welcome back to a mk1 rs!

Comment

Thanks again, is there a knack in regards to uploading photos, it just says all my photos are too big?

As mentioned this was actually the only model where my situation governed the sale rather than choice so I guess I was always going to end up with another! Looks like I may have got in before prices potentially make another jump, I see 4 star classics have just posted a very low mileage one for sale for big money...

Comment

Hi Stewart, I'm not far away either in Oxford. #503

Comment

Nice! Are you local guys aware of any meets? The Oxford rsoc used to have meets first Monday of the month if I remember rightly but not sure if that's still a thing?

Comment

• Poynter87
                          Poynter87 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm not sure if the Oxford rsoc still have monthly meets as I've never been to any but I go to the Hampshire and Berkshire rsoc meets now and again which are held on the second Thursday of every month which take place just outside Reading.

Originally posted by S-Hannah87 View Post
                        Thanks again, is there a knack in regards to uploading photos, it just says all my photos are too big?
                        If images are very high resolution can cause issues uploading to the forum, can you resize them Stewart. I use photoshop and generally reduce the width to 900mm.

You can use two methods to upload:

1 - The camera icon to the top left of your message panel uploads small image pics. Visable to all registered forum users.

2 - The paperclip icon to the top right of your message panel will upload a large image within your message. You have the option to click the size of the image you would like to display when uploaded (Must click in the area of your message you would like the image to display, i.e. top, between text or below the text. These images with this upload icon are only visible to full club members.

Sounds complicated but have a play and once you have done it it will become easy and doesn't take long at all.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Clayton, turns out cropping them does the trick...so here is a couple...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X