RS Mats & RS leather wallet (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS Mats & RS leather wallet (Poll)

Interested to know who has the RS mats / leather wallet. Many of us see so many Mk1 Focus RS are sold without the mats and leather wallet. Just wondering what percentage of cars / owners do / dont have them now?

Personally I couldn't take the original RS mats / wallet out when selling and feel they are part of the car.

Please answer one question for the mats and one question for the wallet and lets see what the percentage is? (Tick two boxes only and click vote)
    I have my RS mats and got them with the car
    71.43%
    I had to purchase my RS mats since owning the car
    14.29%
    I dont have any RS mats
    13.30%
    I have my RS leather wallet and got it with the car
    68.47%
    I had to purchase my RS leather wallet since owning the car
    13.79%
    I dont have the RS leather wallet
    14.78%

Great idea this Clayton!

Comment

Be an interesting one this. I think when you sell they should go with the car.

Comment

I didn't get any mats, I would like some but struggle to see the value with there only being 2. I would much prefer a set.
        Of course they dont wear very well either so would have to be very careful with them.
        I personally would let both the mats and the wallet go with the car if I was to sell though.

Comment

I did get the leather wallet with the car but didn't get any mats but luckily the mats from my car when it was new are now in good hands as the first owner took them out when the car was new and left them in the loft. I was lucky to get some off another owner for a bargain of £35 in pretty good condition. I didn't get any alarm fobs with the car either but have since bought a couple fobs. If the time ever comes to sell the focus then everything will go with car.

Comment

I guess if you were able to buy the car when it was only a couple of years old you stood a much better chance of getting the car with the mats & wallet. I got mine in '06 when it was 3 years old so it still had them courtesy of the previous owners, although in 2019 i decided to buy a set of tailored / fitted mats purely to avoid any possible future damage to the RS ones.

Looking at the prices mint condition mats / wallets sell for now, i can see why some people do sell them seperately as it would certainly bring in a decent chunk of £££ to pay for other things, and seeing as my car is so far from standard i have considered it myself, but then realised it would be better to hold on to them as they're part of the originality of the car.

Comment

It seems I got dastardly lucky in getting both the mats and the wallet with the car - Although I was down a key and an alarm fob (Possibly both.. Think I bought one after the fact, but can't quite remember now).

Shame the mats aren't particularly brilliant condition. Ah well. Better than a poke in the eye.

Comment

You would think the wallet stays with the car all it's life, mats can wear and thrown away by a previous owner.
                When I bought my first RS in 2014, I wanted a one owner car incl wallet and mats. Luckily the owner put them in the boot and only had little wear.
                The second RS I bought also came with both items.
                Should I ever sell a car, I want it to be as complete as possible. Mats and wallet will defo stay with the car, no matter the prices these days.
                I have found several sets of mats and wallets in the past years, I obviously kept the best items with my cars and with the remaining parts I made some owners happy who didn't have the mats or wallet.

Comment

• DanT404
                  DanT404 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well if you stumble on some more mats i might be interested 😉

• BartFRS
                  BartFRS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I only have LHD mats, sorry !

Done

Comment

I was also lucky to have the mats and wallet when I bought the car also had the RS key ring and matching mats for the back witch I understand were made afterwards from the same material....correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Had the wallet come with both cars I've had, but never had the mats, and with how much they sell for I cant see myself buying any. Especially when its
                    something I wouldn't use.

Comment

I got both with mine. I really don't see the point in owning the mats though as no one ever uses them.

Comment

• Andy Saints RS
                        Andy Saints RS commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They add value to the car. I use mine for display only at shows.

I had the chance of getting my car, when new, straight from the delivery truck. It had no wallet. I have a very early delivery, so or it was taken out (stolen) or they just didn't already had them back in oct/nov 2002 to put them in the cars. It was only months later of owning it back in the beginning of 2003 that I found out about the special RS wallet. So I had the chance of purchasing one in the UK back in 2003 for 100 euro (!) including some of the original extra RS manuals (UK version) if I remember correctly.

Are there maybe other owners that got their car also very early that can confirm if they got the RS wallet or also not got one like me?

Comment

Originally posted by RS001 View Post
                        I had the chance of getting my car, when new, straight from the delivery truck. It had no wallet. I have a very early delivery, so or it was taken out (stolen) or they just didn't already had them back in oct/nov 2002 to put them in the cars. It was only months later of owning it back in the beginning of 2003 that I found out about the special RS wallet. So I had the chance of purchasing one in the UK back in 2003 for 100 euro (!) including some of the original extra RS manuals (UK version) if I remember correctly.

Are there maybe other owners that got their car also very early that can confirm if they got the RS wallet or also not got one like me?
                        Bart,

i did not buy mine new, so don't know, but as it is an early built one (2002) it might be what you say as mine didn't have the RS wallet when i bought it
                        never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

I got the mats with the car but decided to take them out and chuck in a vacuum sealed bag and put in the loft. I now have some aftermarket mats taking their space.

The wallet I did have with the car when I bought it. After returning from a service it was gone. Unfortunately, I only noticed a few services later! So no idea which garage had sticky fingers!! I see one went for £302 on ebay the other night! The wife told me to get it but I just couldn't justify the outlay........ Maybe one day..........

If anyone knows of one for sale that doesn't require me selling a kidney, i would appreciate the info!
                          ​​​​​

Comment

• Clayton
                            Clayton commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That shocking Rob that anyone feel the need to steal something from somones car, especially when your car is in for servicing. Yes the wallet sold for £302.00 was a lot of money and must be the record one has ever sold for.

Will keep my eyes peeled for you.
                        Working...
                        X