Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concours

Hi all
    I have always wanted to do concours for as long as i have remembered but since getting this Mk 1 i have been thinking hard and have decided to give this ago. Granted i wont start till first concours show may 2021, now luckily for me i have a few good gold cup winners near me, and also have some help and advice from ricky ross great bloke. But just wondering on everyones elses views hints tips, i have a fair bit off work on my hand from now until then i understand this aint no show and shine the whole reason for having 2 RS, s was to have 1 for what i need modding having fun and one to put back to her original self.

Sorry for wobbling on there but again any tips hints advice will be amazing.
    Thanks

Concours for Standard original cars is all about getting the car to show room condition. You got to stand back and ask yourself what would you expect the car to look like if you were to go to an actual dealers show room and buy the car from new ie presentation and cleanliness. Cleaning product choice and how to use it is an important key to get the car looking its best and right. Attention to detail is key too and missing the small things on the car can cost you valuable points.

Comment

Thank you makes perfect sense.

Comment

Concours is a matter of taste, some people do concours but when the judge pics fault with the car they get the hump, spit the dummy and don't show the car again. Concours is a competition and the judges are there to help and advise so always take their advise. Try it out see what you think, you have nothing to loose but just remember it's not for everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X