No announcement yet.

Anybody fitted a bucket seat in theirs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody fitted a bucket seat in theirs?

As titled. I've just fitted the seat into mine and it's so close to the steering I can't even try and get in. There's no adjustment in the base or the mounts. It really is so close my 6 year old can just get in. I'm stumped!

I fitted mine on an omp base and sparco sliding runners and it's position is fine so if you don't have any sliding runners that might be your issue.

Comment

Yeah you might be right but these subframes I have are FIA approved things that the mounts bolt to.
      I don't want a sliding seat so I feel a bit of improvisation coming on!!

Comment

I know a lad local to me had his subframe modified so he didn't have runners and because he is tall it gave him a more leg room.

Comment

It's a slippery slope.
          What's next mate

Comment

I've got some 10mm aluminium bar coming from my mate Muz. I'll just extend the runners backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by John344 View Post
              It's a slippery slope.
              What's next mate
              Err ported cammed head head off K7 and syvecs stand-alone management with dbw.

for now.

Comment

I'm over 6ft and have no problem with my bucket seats (fixed) have Sparco subframes/ sidemounts and have loads of room.
                Pic should give you a rough idea on where my seats sit
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks for the picture. Yeah you have so much more room than me. Do you have a link or pictures of your subframe and side mounts?

Comment

Also do you have a picture of the seat through the door? The back of my seat is about level with the back of the door opening

Comment

• BartFRS
                      BartFRS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's not to bad, just cut your legs tall man 😘
                  Working...
                  X