Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oil question

    Afternoon guys.

    What oil would people recommend for the FRS

    I can get a good deal on Castrol Edge 5w30 A5 Fully Synthetic (is this the correct code for the RS)

    Cars modified and NOT being used for track.

  • #2
    The oil specifications are updated quite often, but this is the one I have always used:

    Magantec 5W-30 A1 is also suitable for use in other manufacturers fuel efficient modern petrol and diesel engines including inter-cooled and turbo-charged and where the manufacturer recommends ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5 or API SL or ILSAC GF-3.

    Meets Ford WSS-M2C913-C, WSS-M2C913-B and WSS-M2C913-A specifications.

    Not sure if A5 meets the Ford spec? Unless it is new.

    Comment


    • #3
      Speak to Tim at Opie Oils. I currently use 5w40 Fully Synthetic Fuchs Titan Race Pro.

      Castrol is generally a mineral oil. Would never put Castrol in my car.
      Opie Oils is a good place to begin.

      Millers Nanodrive is good, Fuchs etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        To clarify Castrol is not a mineral oil in Fords spec, is it a Fully Synthetic although not always Fully Synthetic in the true sense of the world, it is also not Ester based.

        For modified cars Opie Oils can recommend the best, it all gets rather complicated with viscositys!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayno View Post
          Speak to Tim at Opie Oils. I currently use 5w40 Fully Synthetic Fuchs Titan Race Pro.

          Castrol is generally a mineral oil. Would never put Castrol in my car.
          Opie Oils is a good place to begin.

          Millers Nanodrive is good, Fuchs etc.

          I use millers nanodrive, wouldn't use castrol either

          Comment


          • #6
            I guess I won't get Castrol then. Going to give the guys at Opie Oils a ring and order from there.
            Thanks for the responses guys

            Comment


            • #7
              I've used Millers Nanodrive for ages, but decided after my rebuild that I'd try something different. Fuchs Titan Race Pro is good for my engine. Went from 10w50 to 5w40.

              Comment

              Working...
              X