Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat adaptor o ring / Servicing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thermostat adaptor o ring / Servicing

    Evening guys,

    just wondered if anybody knew where I could get the seal from for the thermostat adapter plate ?

    Also oil and filter wise what are people using ?

    cheers Jim :)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

  • #2
    Did you get sorted with a seal Jim?

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Clayton,

      nope haven’t got sorted yet I changed the thermo housing and the deal that comes with it but there’s still a leak and I think it’s from that adaptor part that sits between the engine block and the thermo housing it has a similar seal wondered where I can get one of those separately ??

      also mate just wanted oil and filter recommendations

      cheers Jim

      Comment


      • #4
        Unfortunately the O-rings are no longer available from FMC. I have done some research and there is an OEM equivalent version from Elring.

        The original O-ring listed on microcat between fitted to the thermostat housing is finis part number 1135946. This part does cross over to the sandwich plate seal.

        Link - Gasket, thermostat housing - 428.840 ELRING - 1135946

        If you have a problem with the sandwich plate (Adapter - Water outlet connecter) if it's cracked, I do have a spare original part which comes complete with the seal.
        These are no longer available from Ford but happy to let go to keep a car original.




        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

        Comment


        • BartFRS
          BartFRS commented
          Editing a comment
          1135946 might not be available from Ford, but lots of dealers have them listed as old stock. For around £5

          In UK there's one dealer having 4 of these listed as stocked, Pertwee & Back located in Great Yarmouth.

      • #5
        Originally posted by Ready588 View Post
        Hey Clayton,

        also mate just wanted oil and filter recommendations

        cheers Jim
        I have always had my cars serviced at Ford so had a genuine Ford oil filter fitted and trusted them on the oil used.

        If you are servicing yourself, stick with a genuine Ford filter. For oil see this thread for an oil debate - Oil question

        Comment

        Working...
        X