Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clock Cluster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clock Cluster

    Hi , Need advice, Im in need of set clock clusters, So if in the meantime so i can use my car, if i say buy set ST170 clocks and fit them will they work or affect my ecu? RS has the turbo gauge where other focus clocks its temp gauge. Will they work?. i can get the mileage altered to my true reading if buy set. just temporally until till i find set RS clocks.

  • #2
    Then once found RS set then the mileage is recorded to pass back on again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Paul, I’d advise against fitting a temporary set of clocks (such as the ST170 ones), even if you plan to correct the mileage, as it can still raise questions later regarding the car’s mileage history. This kind of change, even short-term, could potentially affect the car’s integrity, especially for a model like the RS where originality and accurate history are key to value and provenance.

      Swapping clusters can also bring about other complications, like warning lights, mismatched readings, or communication issues with the ECU. While the car may still run, it's not guaranteed everything will work as it should, and in some cases, it can create more hassle than it's worth.

      I'd recommend holding out for the correct set of RS clocks, even if it means being off the road and Sorn for a little while, as I have previously advised.

      You need to maintain the car's authenticity and avoid mileage inconsistencies that could be flagged during MOT's or by future buyers.


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Clayton View Post
        Paul, I’d advise against fitting a temporary set of clocks (such as the ST170 ones), even if you plan to correct the mileage, as it can still raise questions later regarding the car’s mileage history. This kind of change, even short-term, could potentially affect the car’s integrity, especially for a model like the RS where originality and accurate history are key to value and provenance.

        Swapping clusters can also bring about other complications, like warning lights, mismatched readings, or communication issues with the ECU. While the car may still run, it's not guaranteed everything will work as it should, and in some cases, it can create more hassle than it's worth.

        I'd recommend holding out for the correct set of RS clocks, even if it means being off the road and Sorn for a little while, as I have previously advised.

        You need to maintain the car's authenticity and avoid mileage inconsistencies that could be flagged during MOT's or by future buyers.

        Cheers Matey. I`ve cancelled Demon Performance Centre for next Wednesday for a few bits being done, and Ant agrees with you. Thanks Clayton.
        Last edited by Clayton; 11-09-2025, 07:35 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just for future records I had service at DPC 26/06/25 mileage 98,401 ( glad i did now ), I`ve done roughly 30 miles with clocks not working a couple of weeks after service to go a friends, been stood since. I was going to Sorn it but was promised at set then let down :-( this may now be the 1st time I shall not have an MOT ( due 2nd October ) in my 13 years ownership.
          Last edited by Clayton; 11-09-2025, 07:38 PM. Reason: Fixed typo error

          Comment


          • #6
            I read on another thread that you say the Printed circuit board has failed.
            Would it not be possible to look into finding a clever person who could repair your PCB.
            Just a thought.

            Comment


            • #7
              Paul, did you ever speak to James at Autodynamix?
              I really think if anyone can help you it would be him.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've had it looked at by two companies, and both said they're knackered.
                Last edited by Clayton; 17-09-2025, 07:13 PM. Reason: Fixed typo error

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by R222 USH View Post
                  I've had it looked at by two companies, and both said they're knackered.
                  Its surely worth a phone call? You seem very final about the whole thing. There are always companies out there who are able to achieve things others are not. He is very knowledgeable.

                  Comment


                  • Garry T
                    Garry T commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dan,i totally agree with you.Paul seems to want to resist getting them repaired.Companies usually say they are knackered as they don't want the work.Still,its Paul's shout.

                • #10
                  I've a set on the way :-)
                  Last edited by Clayton; 21-09-2025, 11:59 PM. Reason: Fixed typo error

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Clocks arrived this morning 38,209 miles, owner stored since 2017. Mint Condition. Had them altered to my mileage of 98,457 (give and take 10 miles). £ 40. Thanks to Clayton Borg, who kept in touch with the seller for me. Thanks, Mate.
                    Last edited by Clayton; 24-09-2025, 06:04 PM. Reason: Fixed typo error

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      So pleased you got it all sorted, Paul, and had the clocks set to show the correct mileage for your car's history and provenance.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X