Hello, I want to return my Mk1 to standard specification. Who is the best in the UK to do the work for me? I live near Coventry, but I'd prefer to get the best possible workshop even if I have to travel.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best UK Specialist
Collapse
X
-
Welcome to the forum!
My choice would be Demon Performance Centre, Pete is a great lad who knows our cars very, very well.
I follow them on social media and their work is simply stunning.
Link:
Demon Performance Centre
- 3 likes
-
This! You may have to source the parts beforehand as i cant imagine too many garages would be overly keen about dismantling a car and leaving it sat there for x amount of time if theres something difficult to find.Originally posted by Marathonman72 View PostDo you have all of the original standard parts?
If not it may be an issue finding them depending on what’s been modified!
Do you know or have a list of parts which are modified and need changing?
- 1 like
Comment
-
Really appreciate your thoughts and comments guys. I've got the original exhaust and one or two other bits and pieces, but may need to source others. The car has been made too powerful so suffers a lot of (too much) torque steer. It is very low mileage at 12,500 so I'd prefer to bring it back to standard spec and then use it more than is currently the case.
- 4 likes
Comment
-
With that mileage I understand you want it standard.
Plenty of members here with genuine parts stocked (including myself). Best to post on the Wanted section which parts you're after.
Regarding the torque steer, this is a matter of setting up the car properly. My car runs at near 400bhp and there is no torque steer at all ;)
-
Welcome to the forum Bill. As recommended DPC would be a good place for your car to have your work carried out. Pete the business owner is a long-term Mk1 Focus RS owner himself. He knows the car like the back of his hand and has told me in the past he takes note of lining things up as per factory. He is highly regarded for restorations with the Mk1 Focus RS and you can be rest assured your car will be taken care of and safe with DPC.
Out of interest Bill would it be possible to know the build number of your car please and the date you purchased her (day/month/year) to add to the build list database.
Clayton
- 4 likes
Comment
-
Just a quick general thank you to those who recommended Pete and Demon Performance Centre. I picked my car up today having had it returned to standard specification. They weren't cheap, but they were nice people to do business with, and I am confident that the work done was to the highest standard.
Once I've worked out with Clayton how to join the forum (thought I already had) I will need to update the build listing for my car to reflect the fact that it is now standard mechanically, although still has the wrong headlights. If anyone can point me in the direction of someone who will sell me a pair of standard lights I'd be very grateful.
- 1 like
Comment
-
Hi Bill and good to hear you would like to join our club. You are set up as the standard 'Forum User' account which means you can post but has restrictions / limited permissions of access to the members section also booking shows area. With full membership upgrade it will give you immediate forum access to these areas, allow you to send and receive Private Messages, and also see the large images that are uploaded on the forum which are member protected.Originally posted by Bill Cooper View PostClayton, I thought I had joined? DO I have a lower form of subscription at the moment? Where can I find the section to join properly? Regards, Bill
To upgrade Bill, when logged in click on 'User Settings' near your login in the menu, you will then see the' Subscriptions' tab, click on this.
Highlight one year and will take you to payment via PayPal.
Hope this helps
Clayton
- 2 likes
Comment






Comment