Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage floor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garage floor

    What finish have people got? Floor tiles, old fashioned paint, Epoxy resin paint or just concrete?

  • #2
    Mine is old fashioned paint but some areas have lifted and ready for doing again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mine is currently just concrete. I'm looking into epoxy rather than standard paint for that reason https://www.resincoat.co.uk/en/5-floor-paint.

      The rubber/plastic tiles appeal for easy maintenance but not sure I can justify the price

      Comment


      • #4
        I used epoxy resin from where you have linked. It was really good to start with but has started to lift now where I jack the car up ect. So need to re do it.

        I was looking into the Swiss tracks floor tiles but can't justify the crazy cost of them.

        Comment


        • #5
          I epoxy'd mine from Resincoat in fact, who incidentally were brilliant, did it myself and am really pleased with the results.
          I'll try and dig out some pics you won't regret it going that route, the stuff is bullet proof and perfect for a garage.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Imperial-Blue-RS View Post
            I epoxy'd mine from Resincoat in fact, who incidentally were brilliant, did it myself and am really pleased with the results.
            I'll try and dig out some pics you won't regret it going that route, the stuff is bullet proof and perfect for a garage.
            How was it to apply and did you apply straight on to concrete or did you have to primer it first? If you can get some pictures that would be great. Dont suppose you remember what colour you went with too?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rutts View Post
              I used epoxy resin from where you have linked. It was really good to start with but has started to lift now where I jack the car up ect. So need to re do it.

              I was looking into the Swiss tracks floor tiles but can't justify the crazy cost of them.
              I've looked at the plastic tiles etc but easily over £1000 supply only which I don't really want to spend on the floor. How long ago did you do it before it started to lift?

              Comment


              • #8
                Once the concrete is clean I acid etched it, wash it down and swept it to an inch of its life, I then added my colour which was a grey but opted for flakes in mine as I wanted to hide the fact I was adding to an existing slab which had a pit in it, theory being it helps hide the join or it would have stuck out like a sore thumb.



                I used Purdy rollers not the foam ones on a pole and you can still walk about on it wet then using those spiked garden shoes you use on a lawn.

                I can't find any just of the floor itself, but you can see it in these various pics







                Hope this helps

                Comment


                • S4v4ge
                  S4v4ge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't see the pictures?

                • BartFRS
                  BartFRS commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can see the pictures.

              • #9
                Personally I can't fault it, I only did it myself as paying somebody to do almost 70m2 meant I was getting quotes of around 3/4 thousand.
                It wipes up spills of anything, oil, coolant etc, I jack my car up on it far too often unfortunately and have even dropped hammers all sorts onto it and can't ask any more of it.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Do you think its possible to do one half at time or do you think it'll leave a noticeable line?

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    If it's a solid colour you're going for then it will like any paint show flashing I expect should you stop, but if you're adding flakes into it then you could as once its done and you've hoovered the loose flakes you then go over it all with a clear top coat to seal them in if that makes sense?
                    But just a solid paint you can just buy those shoes and knock it out in one go would be my advise or work backwards towards the garage door.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      I was planning on just solid grey. Fire the RS into a mates unit frees one half up its what to do with the other half is the issue for hitting it in one go....

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by S4v4ge View Post

                        I've looked at the plastic tiles etc but easily over £1000 supply only which I don't really want to spend on the floor. How long ago did you do it before it started to lift?
                        I laid it around 6 years ago. It's definitely hard wearing and it's been brilliant it's just a same it's starting lifting. But my car always gets jacked up in the same place. So I'm guessing thst doesn't help.

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by Rutts View Post

                          I laid it around 6 years ago. It's definitely hard wearing and it's been brilliant it's just a same it's starting lifting. But my car always gets jacked up in the same place. So I'm guessing thst doesn't help.
                          I could live with that I suppose. The industrial floor paint is the same price guessing it'll be harder wearing if deigned for factories and forklift safe. I've got one of those awkward double garages that's two single doors so can only jack one side at a time really

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Sorry how odd, I must have done something wrong?
                            I'll try PM'ing you them.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X