Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Insurance

    As I'm in the market to hopefully buy an an RS shortly I thought I would ask the insurance question about who you've all got your pride and joys insured with?
    Im currently with Performance Direct on my Xr3i with an agreed value on it and pay £92 a year.
    I haven't checked with my existing company yet but I'm assuming the RS will probably be a bit more expensive as I'm sure some companies don't actually classify it as a classic vehicle just yet.
    Any pointers or advice and what kind of premiums you guys pay much appreciated
    cheers
    Dave

  • #2
    As I'm sure you know, there's loads of variables involved age, area, ncbs blah blah.
    I'm with Need 2 insure as are a good few others on here I expect and have found them spot on, but there's Boncaster, Lancaster and Adrian Flux to name a few.
    As ever best to phone about to see whats what.

    Comment


    • #3
      Need to Insure cover the Insurance for many owners' of the Mk1 Focus RS. Also support our club Agreed Valuations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Insurance comes down to the level of cover you want, and the extent of modifications to the car. Most mainstream companies, don't like modifications, and may impose a mod limit, like Admiral will, with no greater than 7 mods allowed.

        I'm personally with AF this year, with all mods declared (Lots) and a limited agreed mileage. Found them very good. Previously with Brentacre for many years, and Boncaster with RSOC many moons ago now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Another vote for Need 2 Insure.
          Some might be a tiny bit cheaper, but would you buy the cheapest parachute?

          Comment

          Working...
          X