Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K&N sock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K&N sock

    Discovered my sock has fallen off, where are people buying them from these days?

  • #2
    I run a sock on mine. (Different size air filter) i just measured the filter and went to the K&N site to find one suitable. Pretty cheap too.

    Comment


    • #3
      It depends on what colour you want as they have different codes
      Black is RX-4490DK
      Yellow RX-4490DY
      Red RX-4490DR
      Blue RX-4490DL
      If you go onto Google and search for k&n and the code for which colour sock you want then they should come up. Those codes are for the socks that fit the air filter that comes with the gen 2 kit as I'm assuming you are using that filter.

      Comment


      • #4
        Direct from k&n as said different colours are available

        Comment


        • #5
          Wicked, thanks all.

          Comment


          • #6
            I see a fireman Sam sock the other day Dan. Was a size 3 I think. Was that the one you lost?

            Comment


            • #7
              Old thread I know, great info. Will this sock fit the K&N 57I kit?

              Thanks. Lee.

              Comment


              • BartFRS
                BartFRS commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct 👍🏼

            • #8
              Thanks for the reply Bart .So the generation 2 cone filter and the 57i cone are the same size?

              Thanks. Lee.
              Last edited by 1374lee; 25-08-2022, 08:41 AM. Reason: Aknowledge Barts reply.

              Comment


              • #9
                Gen 2 is always the 57i, i’ve searched on Google and all I find are Gen2 kits for our cars. (I doubt there is a Gen 1 kit tbh).

                If I wasn’t on holiday I would’ve measured the Gen2 filter I have at my workshop.

                If you want to be sure, I’d suggest to read post number 2 and do what DanT404 did 👍🏼

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by BartFRS View Post
                  Gen 2 is always the 57i, i’ve searched on Google and all I find are Gen2 kits for our cars. (I doubt there is a Gen 1 kit tbh).

                  If I wasn’t on holiday I would’ve measured the Gen2 filter I have at my workshop.

                  If you want to be sure, I’d suggest to read post number 2 and do what DanT404 did 👍🏼
                  Thanks Bart but my 57i kit part number 2502 kit, the generation 2 kit is over double the price. I know the generation 2 kit comes with a lot more in the kit such as heatshield etc but that doesn't mean to say the cone filter itself is the same size?

                  I have just sent an email to K&N UK with the 57i kit part number and asking them to give me a part number to see which weatherproof sock fits the cone itself. I will keep you updated on their reply. Maybe helpful to other members on here too hopefully.

                  CheeRS. Lee.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Here's the reply off K&N themselves to my email request.
                    The filter wraps to fit the 57i-2502 filter are on the links below, both blue and black are in stock ready to order
                    Air Filter Wrap (knfilters.co.uk) black
                    Air Filter Wrap (knfilters.co.uk) blue

                    Thanks. Lee.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X