Car parts express slam panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car parts express slam panel

Anyone have their air deflector slam panel? If so does it help? And any chance of some detailed pictures of it

I have one, unsure how much it helps but can get you some pictures this weekend.

Comment

Not the best pictures, but the only ones of mine i currently have available that are previously uploaded on the forum. Hopefully should work as a starting point before Bart / others can get some others up

Fairly sure there was a thread from the way old days on the RSOC, around the time the panel was first available, that showed that it did give a bit of improvement to airflow / cooling, but it's so long ago i can't remember exact details.
      Owner of build #2782 aka "The Garage Ornament"

Comment

Just browsing another thread and a pic came up featuring the same panel.

Edit - link to the pic doesn't work - check out the recent post from Co-ordsport on the "What did you do to your cars this week?" thread in the general discussion subforum.
        Owner of build #2782 aka "The Garage Ornament"

Comment

I've wanted one of those slam panels for ages CPE don't make them anymore though ☹️
          ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Rutts View Post
            I've wanted one of those slam panels for ages CPE don't make them anymore though ☹️
            ​​

nope they don’t, I’m hoping if I can get som measurements and decent pics of the deflector parts I can get something drawn up and then printed on a 3D printer. They would just be a case of cut some holes in an oem one and bond them in!

Comment

Originally posted by KINGHORN View Post

nope they don’t, I’m hoping if I can get som measurements and decent pics of the deflector parts I can get something drawn up and then printed on a 3D printer. They would just be a case of cut some holes in an oem one and bond them in!
              Awesome keep me in mind if you do end up doing this. As I said I've been after one for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutts View Post

Awesome keep me in mind if you do end up doing this. As I said I've been after one for ages.
                will do if I manage it il offer up a deal for club members

Comment

Let me know if you need anything else

Comment

Originally posted by BartFRS View Post
                    Let me know if you need anything else
                    As many dimensions as you can get would be great

Comment

• BartFRS
                      BartFRS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I take it you only need the dimensions from the square 'inserts/vents' ?
                      Looks like they used a std Mk1 slam panel, cut out 2 holes and inserted the vent bits.

Originally posted by BartFRS View Post

Pictures.....
                    Some man!! Cheers! Looks easy enough to make.

Comment

• BartFRS
                      BartFRS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you manage to make the inserts, I'm happy to take 2 off you to make my own panel please.

BartFRS

yeah looks like a ford panel with inserts. I’d only make the inserts.
                    if you can get me the sizes of the opening and the depth of the “Scoop” think I should be able to draw something up and get prototyped. Once I’m happy with the fit il run a group buy (if that’s ok with Clayton ) and il get them made in ABS so they can deal with the heat etc.

Comment

• BartFRS
                      BartFRS commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I might go to the workshop later and bring the panel home to get it measured, or tomorrow.

No bother pal. No rush. Looking at it worst part is going to be the right hand side one with the little pokey up bit

Comment

Pm'ed you KINGHORN

Comment

Working...
                      X