Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold the RS

Guys and gals,

Sorry to say I've sold my RS today. Due to my recent medical issues the RS hasn't been a comfortable car for driving.

It was my intention to strip it all back and rebuild/paint etc but this probably being out of the question I decided to advertise.

I was fussy to whom I let come view the car I sold it to the first person and only person to view it, Graham from Harrogate. I didnt want to sell the car to some chav or someone who wanted to strip it for parts.

Graham was a pleasure to deal with and I pointed him in the direction of the site. Hopefully he will join and I can see the car in future in the condition I wanted to get it too.

Peace out,

Barry.

Hi Barry
    Sorry to hear that you have had to sell your car mate, but your health comes first and if driving it was giving you discomfort maybe it was the right thing to do!
    Sounds like the car has gone to a good owner and hopefully he will carry on with your good work and continue to Improve the car!
    Take care mate and keep in touch on here!

Comment

Really sorry to read this, but you have to do what you have to do, health first and all that.
      The RS can be a bit firm to say the least and don't blame you for vetting potential owners, I'd be the same myself tbh.
      What are you looking at as a replacement?
      How about a Mk3 RS with the standard seats they are pretty comfy?

Comment

• Bazandbeanz
        Bazandbeanz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking of going to a 335d x drive. Something with a bit of comfort and remapped appears to be a bit of an animal.

Sorry to have read this, but your health must come first.

Hopefully you will find a car to suit you.

Best of luck for the future.

Comment

Sorry to hear you've had to sell the RS Barry but as others have said your health comes first and at least it sounds like it's gone to a good home.

Comment

• Bazandbeanz
          Bazandbeanz commented
          Editing a comment
          Richard, I think Graham will look after the RS. He has a garage to get the car into over the winter months unlike me so help protect it. It won't take much money to get it 100% i don't think, its more time and effort. I'm sure he will join the forum.

Pity I've found a 335d in Wales to buy with great spec but the dealers being a nugget so have to keep looking.

• Poynter87
          Poynter87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Having a garage would be a big help as I don't have the luxury of a garage either so all work has to be done the drive. The 335d are a nice car looking car and go well and will be ideal car for you that will do everything you want a car to do.

Best of luck for the future and I hope your health will get better.

Comment

Sorry to hear of you selling Barry but as all have said, your health and comfort must be the priority. Get well soon mate.

Comment

Hi Barry, thank you for the kind words, it was a pleasure dealing with you.
            All the best for the future - Graham

Comment

Hope your health improves, that's the main thing.

Cars come and go and if you go for the BMW, I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Westy View Post
                Hope your health improves, that's the main thing.

Cars come and go and if you go for the BMW, I'm sure you'll enjoy it
                Thanks Westy,

Now I've had my operations I do feel better. It would have been nice to have kept the RS but to me I beleive in fate and karma and it was the way of telling me to sort my health.

For years I've messed on with cars, under them in all weathers etc.

I'm due to collect my new car, a 2016 335d x drive on Wednesday/Thursday but have to travel to Wales for it.

Barry.

Comment

Good to hear you are feeling better Barry and enjoy your new car, I love BMW myself and the wife runs one.

I do think we could see you back though in time if you still feel you have missed the Mk1. Hopefully we do as you have been a great forum/club contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                    Good to hear you are feeling better Barry and enjoy your new car, I love BMW myself and the wife runs one.

I do think we could see you back though in time if you still feel you have missed the Mk1. Hopefully we do as you have been a great forum/club contributor.
                    Thanks Clayton,

I'm sure if my health gets better I may well one day head back to and get a third mk 1 FRS and my seventh RS. Ha ha.

Comment

You will be back, would put money on it Barry

Comment

Working...
                      X