Engine oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil

Morning guys just a little advice if possible, new to owning an FRS so not yet had to top up on the oil! I was just Interested to find out what the best oil was to run the car on or more specific what make of oil is best? Also is there certain factors to take into account I.e wether the car was running standard or modified and if this meant running different oil etc?
    Cheers in advance Ryan πŸ€™
    Last edited by Marathonman72; 04-10-2020, 09:38 AM.

Originally posted by Bradomia View Post
    Morning guys just a little advice if possible, new to owning an FRS so not yet had to top u on the oil! I was just Interested to find out what the best oil was to run the car on or more specific what make of oil is best? Also is there certain factors to take into account I.e wether the car was running standard or modified and if this meant running different oil etc? Cheers in advance Ryan πŸ€™
    I've always run 5w30 fully synthetic in mine, no preference in brand just buy a decent one. (Opie Oils is a good place to look for decent products, Fuchs, Millers etc are well respected)

A few people run 5w40 when their cars are higher power. You're always going to hear conflicting stories though i think. Its like tyres, everyone has an opinion on it 🀣. My personal opinion is that the most important thing is changing it regularly. πŸ‘

Comment

Originally posted by DanT404 View Post

I've always run 5w30 fully synthetic in mine, no preference in brand just buy a decent one. (Opie Oils is a good place to look for decent products, Fuchs, Millers etc are well respected)

A few people run 5w40 when their cars are higher power. You're always going to hear conflicting stories though i think. Its like tyres, everyone has an opinion on it 🀣. My personal opinion is that the most important thing is changing it regularly. πŸ‘
      Cheers mate this is probably my thought completely the most important thing being a regular change! How often would u advise to get it changed mate as my car is being used as a daily at the moment so will be getting used a fair bit! I’ve looked at Opie oils so I think I’ll go that route! Like u say it’s more so a personal preference thing isn’t it!!! Cheers for the help mate appreciate it πŸ€™

Comment

• S1 RST
        S1 RST commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine gets serviced every 5k (kilometers that is) or yearly (most times as only use it with nice weather)
        For a daily i’d change oil every 10k km / 6k miles or yearly
        I do all jobs myself as have a well equipped workshop, so not costing me that much

• Bradomia
        Bradomia commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers mate mines a daily so I plan on getting a regular service done! I plan on eventually getting myself set up with my own tools and workshop keep them costs down,but is a work in progress! Plus I want to learn the ins and outs of the FRS! Cheers for ur advice mate πŸ€™

5w30 castrol titanium edge. Always have and always will

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
        5w30 castrol titanium edge. Always have and always will
        Cheers mate

Comment

Another 5w30 user here. I use Formula Ford, and always have. Seems fine so far.

Or, rather, Rodney hasn't made friends with Mr. Road Surface yet.
          Build Number 1506

Comment

Fuchs Titan Race Pro 5w40 for me. But, I'm in the high power club, so the lower grade will not cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
              Fuchs Titan Race Pro 5w40 for me. But, I'm in the high power club, so the lower grade will not cope.
              I'm running sabre mapped 380hp at 26psi. Would you go with the 5w40 for my set up too? As said previously, I've asked many people and had many different answers? What's your setup? πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

Originally posted by FRSALEX View Post
                I'm running sabre mapped 380hp at 26psi. Would you go with the 5w40 for my set up too? As said previously, I've asked many people and had many different answers? What's your setup? πŸ‘πŸ»
                Alex, I had a full rebuild on mine, with a forged bottom end.

I'm running 440bhp @ 26psi too, through my GT2876 and Sabre Live Map amongst the other modifications.

I found, that the heat build up, with 5w30 was getting though the oil. So upgraded to the 40 grade, and has been perfect since.

If you appear to be constantly topping up the oil, then try the 40 grade. Don't go to 10w, because that won't do you any favours.

Comment

Thanks Wayno. I think I have the same issue so will go with the 40w. πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

5w60 HP2 lab since 4 years never issue

Comment

How much oil does the RS take ?

Comment

• S1 RST
                        S1 RST commented
                        Editing a comment
                        4,25 litres including filter change

• S4v4ge
                        S4v4ge commented
                        Editing a comment