Quick quiz - Paint Protection Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick quiz - Paint Protection Film

We know that a pair of Armourfend pieces were fitted on the rear arches but there should be another pair of pieces fitted to another area of bodywork.
    The question is where?
    It is another one of the some cars have it some don't items like seat hinge covers etc.

Where the rubber stoppers of the boot touch the paint when the boot is shut?

Comment

good answer so in fact it would make 3 pairs then as there is another external location

1. Rear Arches
      2. Tailgate bump stops

Comment

Under the arches is another protection film to stop a pipe chafing the paint, is this the one you are talking about Mike?

Comment

There's lots
          Attached Files

Comment

• BartFRS
            BartFRS commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike is talking about factory fitted Armourfend 🏻🏻

Correct Clayton, should be a small square piece inside the front arch to stop the brake pipe rubbing on paint.

Comment

• Tyler5990
            Tyler5990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh that's good to know, I will check that area see if my car has it. I should have done it yesterday when I had the wheels off.

These are mine originals (from under the arches) which I removed and reproduced with other ones. Is there a Ford finis for these? I never found it.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by RS001 View Post
            These are mine originals (from under the arches) which I removed and reproduced with other ones. Is there a Ford finis for these? I never found it.
            There are actually two types, the set as in your image but I have found a set that has a split through the middle as a kind of LH / RH mirror image to each other.

Finis for the ones in your image are - 1379780

Finis for the ones in my images are - 1379782

Paint protection 1.jpg

Paint protection 2.jpg

Comment

• RS001
              RS001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you 😀!

• RSRick3290
              RSRick3290 commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you know if either of these are still available from Ford and a rough cost mine look a bit tatty suppose they would be simple enough to reproduce.

• RS001
              RS001 commented
              Editing a comment
              1379780 & 1379782 are no longer available unfortunately, as I found out today.
          Working...
          X