This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1 Focus RS - Worldwide Country Allocation

The Mk1 Focus RS were produced from September 2002 to December 2003. Production run was limited to 4501 units only.

The Focus RS was allocated to 20 European countries as below:

List of allocation:

Great Britain - 2147
    Germany - 830
    Switzerland - 605
    France - 230
    Spain - 201
    Greece - 153
    Austria - 87
    Belgium - 60
    Italy - 54
    Sweden - 38
    Netherlands - 29
    Ireland - 17
    Norway - 16
    Finland - 12
    Portugal - 9
    Czech Republic - 9
    Turkey - 1
    South Africa - 1
    Poland - 1
    Denmark - 1

Really shows how lucky we were to get so may, great idea to list this

Comment

How many right hand drives were produced just wonder if the amount matches the three rhd countries ?.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo rs View Post
        How many right hand drives were produced just wonder if the amount matches the three rhd countries ?.

Good question David

According to the list above it would be 2165 RHD and 2336 LHD cars however there are quite a few cars that have not been confirmed, including the car
        supplied in South Africa?

The list above has been around for many years now, I would be interested to know who originally published it?
        Last edited by Clayton; 16-02-2018, 08:08 PM. Reason: typo error - duplicated word

Comment

Interesting to see the allocation of RS's outside of the UK. Do you have details of the RS's - or contact with the current owners - which were sold in the countries where only 1 was allocated?

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post

Good question David

According to the list above it would be 2165 RHD and 2336 LHD cars however there are quite a few cars that have not been confirmed, including the car
          supplied in South Africa?

The list above has been around for many years years now, I would be interested to know who originally published it?
          Deffo not matching nrs up as I know at least one car sold in Belgium was RHD instead of LHD, car is now in the UK though

cheeRS Chris
          never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

New owner of #2216

Comment

• Clayton
              Clayton commented
              Editing a comment
              Good to hear you have the car now Ash ;-)

Great list that. The big question is; how many are left out of that list.
            And where did their lives take them? (The car that is)

Comment

Originally posted by S1 RST View Post

Deffo not matching nrs up as I know at least one car sold in Belgium was RHD instead of LHD, car is now in the UK though

cheeRS Chris
              Would be interested to know the vin of that car Chris and if its the one I'm thinking it is a UK car from manufacture.

Originally posted by Jondee84 View Post
              Great list that. The big question is; how many are left out of that list.
              And where did their lives take them? (The car that is)

Difficult question to answer that Jon as many that have been damaged are repaired. I have lots of CAT D and CAT C registered cars listed on the build list. Only last week there was another car written off but this one wont be coming back.

Comment

• S1 RST
                S1 RST commented
                Editing a comment
                You know that RHD car which was sold in Belgium very good Clayton 😎

Do you need anything off me Clayton?

Comment

I just bought #3435, one of the 16 sold new in norway! Looking forward to rebuild the engine, and getting it ready for next summer:)) not gonna be an easy task, because as an apprentice as a I dont get paid very good... also I dont know any good tuning companies that have experience with these cars here in norway..

Comment

Originally posted by Htn00 View Post
                  I just bought #3435, one of the 16 sold new in norway! Looking forward to rebuild the engine, and getting it ready for next summer:)) not gonna be an easy task, because as an apprentice as a I dont get paid very good... also I dont know any good tuning companies that have experience with these cars here in norway..
                  Anything you need to know about tuning your engine will probably have been done before by someone on here and really helpfull people so think you've landed in the right place 😎
                  never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

Hi folks, new to the forum.....just stumbled across this thread while lurking about and thought I'd add that a mk1 rs has been advertised on shpock and it says it was first registered in Guernsey in 2003 then in the uk in 2004, 3 owners on 67,000.....no build number listed though or reg shown, advert seller is listed as Richard B.

Comment

Originally posted by Qed296 View Post
                      Hi folks, new to the forum.....just stumbled across this thread while lurking about and thought I'd add that a mk1 rs has been advertised on shpock and it says it was first registered in Guernsey in 2003 then in the uk in 2004, 3 owners on 67,000.....no build number listed though or reg shown, advert seller is listed as Richard B.

Welcome to the forum Qed296 and thanks for sharing.

Car is now showing on the advert as 1431 in the questions and answers. The car and owner were in connection with our club back in March 2019.

See here: Newbie - 1431
                      Last edited by Clayton; 09-09-2020, 10:37 PM. Reason: typo error

Comment

Good morning, I'm toying with moving on from my sapph to a mk1 and as this is local i think ill take alook. Its me thats asked the build number on shpock....the seller is listed as Richard but could be a new owner.

Good forum your club has and as i don't do Facebook its nice to see an active platform for members and owners.

Comment

Working...
                        X