This club and forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This club and forum

For those of you that know me will know that i have been a member and moderator of the RSOC for many years. As of the last couple of years that club has completely run itself into the ground. Carrying out the role of mod has become a horrible job and no enjoyment.

When Clayton spoke to me about forming this club & forum it was a fresh and exciting idea for all us MK1 FRS enthusiasts. Since the forum went live i have had to moderate one minor issue. This is a credit to you the members and shows what can be done with the right sort of committed members joining.

So i would like to thank all of you for making this such a great place to discuss our MK1's with like minded adults.

Dave Simnett.

Well said, Dave. Great to be a part of this family.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsimmers View Post
      For those of you that know me will know that i have been a member and moderator of the RSOC for many years. As of the last couple of years that club has completely run itself into the ground. Carrying out the role of mod has become a horrible job and no enjoyment.

When Clayton spoke to me about forming this club & forum it was a fresh and exciting idea for all us MK1 FRS enthusiasts. Since the forum went live i have had to moderate one minor issue. This is a credit to you the members and shows what can be done with the right sort of committed members joining.

So i would like to thank all of you for making this such a great place to discuss our MK1's with like minded adults.

Dave Simnett.
      You would be glad your not a mod on there now the poor buggers are getting a right hammering from members about deleted threads, post and alsorts!! People winding them up! Its getting out of hand on there stupid pointless threads to stir up sh!t its so childish they are more interested in moaning and argueing than talking about cars and the RS brand and im pretty sure thats what the whole point of the forum is! Lifes to short for all that! I know this forum is not as busy but its better company, keep up the good work!

Comment

I have done one bit of Moderation on here, and it was at the OP's request.

Quite frankly astonished, and a testament to the quality of what Clayton has created.
        Last edited by Nick; 23-09-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Know exactly what you mean Simmerzzzzzz.

Comment

We vet anyone that wants to join and that helps big time, plus we won't stand for any of it on here.
            It's a great site for the marque and that is how it will stay as we all like the marque and respect each other.
            Nick I am glad your life is easy on here and so it should be

Comment

well said

Comment

Its a great site would be lost without it. Real credit to all involved.

Comment

there is definitely a better atmosphere over here, credit to you guys, thank you.

Comment

I am so pleased this club and forum is running now. We have already had some good fun this year and that's just the start of it.

The reason I wanted this club to start was for all like minded people who are passionate about the Mk1 Focus RS, want to get together at Shows and Events to have fun.. I have made many friends since owning my first FRS to where we are today, its not just about the cars its about the people.

I would like to say a big thanks to all who have helped with the making of the forum and all who are helping with the Shows and Events. Thanks to the members who have joined the club to support it and be part of the family, I hope you will continue to stay with us for more good things and time together.

We still have a lot to do with making the forum better and this is on the agenda through the winter months, as many of you know we are experiencing problems with uploading pictures which is the main priority to fix.

CheeRS

Clayton

Comment

Great forum with a great bunch of people

Comment

What Clayton says really, it's not only about the cars, they're main priority but it's also about the people, since owning my mk1 FRS I already got to know some nice people
                        and it's always nice seeing some of them at shows or events when I come over to the UK.
                        This is indeed a much better place as there is less keyboard warriors I guess, more grown up people maybe
                        Glad Clayton and others took thhe effort of creating this as I like it a lot. and if less moderating is needed, the better, shows there is hardly need for it which is a good thing IMHO, shows that if the right people do the right things they are appreciated for that
                        never drive faster then your guardian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by S1 RST View Post
                          What Clayton says really, it's not only about the cars, they're main priority but it's also about the people, since owning my mk1 FRS I already got to know some nice people
                          I agree, I have met some fantastic people on here. Also, some complete idiots who have been rude at shows or e-ninjas on the PC and don't say anything to your face at shows. However the good people far outweigh the bad. One of the first people I met through the RSOC who was local to me became an extremely good friend from day one and he now lives in the USA. To this day we still keep in touch regularly and meet up when he comes back to the UK. I think I will miss the RS family and sense of community if I make the leap into the Porsche world this year or next year as I don't know what their car club scene is like really.

Comment

Well Jill if you do make the jump I can tell you know you won't look back.
                            The main club and shows are very friendly with lots going on, it's more grown up as you may expect but don't get me wrong the RS has a great following with great forums ( just like this one) and great shows, but the RS scene does have lots of chavs and idiots as well which you don't get in the Porsche world.
                            As said your more than welcome to pop to mine for a go in my Porsche or even pop along with me to a show or meet to get a feel for it all.

I think what I have done is a good idea as have a nice mk1 tucked away and a lovely Porsche as well and maybe best of both worlds ? But I do look at gt3's still and to make that jump the mk1 would have to go but for now that is a step to far. As I like to keep my foot in the RS scene as it's been my life for 30 years but you never know what's round the corner do you.

Comment

I don't go on the forums much, but this is a much better place to be.

Well done Clay, and to everybody involved, and everybody that uses this forum 😎

Comment

Working...
                              X