Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus stalling fault

Hi

In bother with RS today , has been very reliable to date , when I start it up and rev it the revs then drop to under. 1000rpm and cuts out while driving or when changing down to come to a stop , stalls , any ideas?
    Hoping to head to a show with it next weekend!

My mate to said to check the recirculated valve so replaced it with a forge 007 but still no joy, car is pretty much standard bar miltek full exhaust system and sports cat

Thanks for any help

Paul

Have you had your battery disconnected recently?

Comment

• P.flynn
      P.flynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Got new battery last week but have driven it two or three times during the week with no issues

Any chance of an error code?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking it could be either;

Fueling - Dirty filter, dying pump, dirty pump sock
    Idle control valve - Not sure how often these fail?
    Coilpack - Could be on the way out? I had weird running issues when mine was circling the drain.
    Throttle body - Sticky maybe?

A DTC would help, though

Comment

• P.flynn
      P.flynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for fast reply Now that's list , thinking might end up dropping h
      Her of to some one to check some of those things

Pcv hose below the inlet manifold tend to split and cause stalling . While there check the blanking plug on the inlet is still there

Comment

Sometimes if you don't follow the learning procedure after the battery has been disconnected it can stall when you put the battery under load . Like turning on the aircon etc . Did you do the learning when it was re-connected ?

Comment

If the battery is disconnected more than 30mins the ecu will reset and will be in learning mode when reconnected so will require a procedure to follow. This involves turning everything on ,lights , air on, radio, rear heated screen , etc putting the battery under max load and holding the revs at 2000 for a few minutes. This to aid the re-learning. I have had to do this two or three times before it idled correctly.

hope this helps in the future if you need to disconnect again

Comment

Thanks , no did not know you had to turn everything , got sorted this evening , all is good , think it might have had to just relearn itself , hoping that there is no intermittent fault but will find out next weekend , hoping to bring her to big rs show up north in port rush

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have had this many times over the years and in my case the problem always came back to theStationary control valve, it was replaced several times but i found out that it was always because it got dirty, so everytime the problem arose the garage just cleaned it and put it back i havent had any problems for the last 4/5 years.
            Hope this can help.

Comment

Thanks Richard

ya gave new one a good clean and grease up so hope it lasts better then standard one

Comment

Originally posted by Freddel2003 View Post
                If the battery is disconnected more than 30mins the ecu will reset and will be in learning mode when reconnected so will require a procedure to follow. This involves turning everything on ,lights , air on, radio, rear heated screen , etc putting the battery under max load and holding the revs at 2000 for a few minutes. This to aid the re-learning. I have had to do this two or three times before it idled correctly.

hope this helps in the future if you need to disconnect again
                When you say that you had to do the re-learning two or three times, you disconnected the battery every time? Does it make any difference if the engine is cold when connecting the battery and beginning the re-learning or does it have to be in ”operating temperature”?

Thanks!

Comment

I don't think it matters. What's important is to give it 30 mins after disconnecting to re- connecting which resets the ecu into learning mode again

Comment

Working...
                  X