Centre Console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre Console

In the picture @ the top of the page the carbon fibre centre piece is very glossy, now although not a good picture mine is a matte finish,is there a variant in these or is mine in need of something to correct the look, if so is it a case of lacquer or does it need a special resin?

Mine has a matte finish to it too I think that is the way they are meant to be not glossy 👍

Comment

Standard finish is the matte finish you describe i believe.

Comment

As above the standard finish is matte but I think it was streamline carbon that also made them and they may have had a gloss finish.

Comment

All the production run cars were supplied with the matte finish carbon including Fords 0001 Heritage car.

0001 pic1.jpg

The image in the header was taken from a Press Image which is at the top of one of the 8 double sided information and spec inserts from the brochure pack. The image first appeared in the March 2001 edition so was published over a year before the cars started production. Maybe FMC intended to have them fitted with the gloss but then decided to change the spec?

information and spec inserts 6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Poynter87 View Post
            As above the standard finish is matte but I think it was streamline carbon that also made them and they may have had a gloss finish.
            Spot on Poynter, was Streamline Carbon that produced them in a gloss finish.

Comment

• Poynter87
              Poynter87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thought it was but wasn't too sure 👍

Thanks for the response everyone, was thinking I had more than just a steering wheel to replace

Comment

Interesting Post, After just seeing this Jgould / Clayton , ive just been out to look at mine has sure is similar to yours..!! Jgould ( Yellow tinge ), it looks like a previous owner off mine must have added a Streamline Carbon one to mine :-(

Comment

Originally posted by R222 USH View Post
                Interesting Post, After just seeing this Jgould / Clayton , ive just been out to look at mine has sure is similar to yours..!! Jgould ( Yellow tinge ), it looks like a previous owner off mine must have added a Streamline Carbon one to mine :-(
                Paul the Matte carbon is the original ones supplied from new and they do have a slightly yellow tinge to them.

Comment

Yes Clayton mine is an Original after looking

Comment

• Clayton
                    Clayton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Knew it would be mate. ;-)
                Working...
                X