Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subframe Poly Bushes

Hi guys.

im looking to restore the underside of the car this winter which will involve replacing all of the bushes.

Ive looked at some on Internet.

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts and experiences with any of the manufacturers.

cheeRS in advance.

Im looking at these too powerflex are the ones ive been told about very good stay clear of the pro flex

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer View Post
      Im looking at these too powerflex are the ones ive been told about very good stay clear of the pro flex
      Heard the same pal. Just wondered if there were other alternatives. You generally get what you pay for it seems.

Comment

Stick to powerflex mate. Do a bit of research and choose the compound to suit your use. If you're mainly road choose the softer purple ones. If you do track stuff get involved with the black ones. The black ones are a little noisy/harsh on long journeys

Comment

Oh yeah the orange Floflex or what ever they are called are Terrible in my opinion. I fitted them to an S1 I had. They were terrible and came out before I'd driven it 20 miles.

Comment

Please please please stay away from Flo-Flex orange bushes. I got a set of these when I first got the RS fitted half of them and decided to remove them before the car was off the stands as the quality was beyond a joke! I contacted them and they were terrible! I know Powerflex and Superpro are expensive in comparison but with bushes they are fundamental in the way your car handles and puts smiles on the dial so spend the money right and spend it once!
            Last edited by Clayton; 15-09-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Saying that tho the FLoFlex ones do make wicked door stops and as I got the front and rear kit off them Ill now have door stops and random spacer rubbers for the rest of my life hahaha
              Last edited by Clayton; 15-09-2017, 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo error

Comment

Echoing the above. Powerflex or go home.

I did a lot of googling when I was asking myself the same question - Were Powerflex worth the (almost, at the time) double in cost?

Turns out yes. Across various car manufacturers I found complaints that the FloFlex bushes lasted about as well as a soft cheese would, in one case (Although I couldn't confirm what the guys driving style was, he may have been excessively aggressive - But for a road car he can't have driven it -that- hard) they lasted about three months from install to MOT failing because they'd disintegrated.

Comment

I user super pro great but expensive.

Comment

CheeRS for the info guys.
                    this is exactly why I asked. You confirmed my thoughts.

Comment

Gota love the forum for this sorta stuff! you can even get Powerflex upper camber adjustment bushes for the rear now too so you can add/minus some camber too it would appear

Comment

Worth looking at the hardrace arms for the rear aswell you get camber/toe adjustment and the price for the polybush and powder coating of the rear arms that they replace there isn't much in it

Comment

• #MADMATT
                          #MADMATT commented
                          Editing a comment
                          good shout mate, when i got mine i did wonder why anyone would want to keep those old crusty banana bars lol

Originally posted by neal View Post
                        Worth looking at the hardrace arms for the rear aswell you get camber/toe adjustment and the price for the polybush and powder coating of the rear arms that they replace there isn't much in it
                        Cheers Near mate. I'll look into this aswell. Just received the subframe and I'm pretty I.pressed with the condition.

minimal rust and a few stickers still in full tact.

Comment

Working...
                        X